June 29 Update
After communication with Baseball Alberta today, June 29, the modified return to train program will come in to effect on July 1.
The modified return to train program will permit players to practice as they normally would in conjunction with the following requirements.
With this new information, registration will be open until July 6th.
- A BBA waiver form shall be signed by a parent/guardian prior to a player participating.
- Sanitizer shall be provided at the beginning of practice for all players and coaches.
- Cleaning of equipment shall be done after practice.
- No player with any symptoms of COVID 19 shall come to the diamond to participate.
- No water bottle sharing.
- Keep social distancing where practical and possible.
June 19 Update
DMBA will open registration from June 19th starting at 6 pm until midnight on June 26th.
- A return to train will be offered for the month of July. This is being offered to allow players an opportunity to get out and play, without committing to a team and a season.
- A return to play (includes training and games within a cohort) will be offered for the months of July and Aug.
The board recognizes that many of our members have holidays planned this summer which may led to reduced player participation resulting in not enough interest for an age group to field a team. The board will evaluate the number of players at each age group after registration closes to determine appropriate training groups and team formation.
DMBA is looking for committed head coaches and assistant coaches to help implement a return to the diamonds. Please consider volunteering. Head coaches will have their registration fee waived for one player in their family.
June 15 Update
Baseball Alberta(BBA) has implemented a Return to Train Plan that is currently in place starting today.
DMBA board meeting will be held on Thurs, June 18 to discuss options for the season.
At this time BBA has not shared a Return to Play plan which would include information on games and season duration.